Travel Agent Guide - How To Book a Yacht Charter
Chartering a yacht is easier than you think. Because we are a customized, niche product, you will not be able to book us online.
One call or e-mail to us, and we will guide you through the process step by step.
If you are new to yacht chartering, you probably don’t even know what questions to ask your client. You can either use our Yacht Charter Inquiry Form or call us directly at 239-896-7278. We know the right questions to ask you so that we find you the perfect yacht for your client.
1. Tell Us Your Client’s Preferences: Because our yacht charters are customized to your client’s preferences, we will need to know the basics like dates, # and ages of guests, etc,. It is also helpful to understand the level of service and luxury they prefer, their choice of activities, the types of destinations that appeal to them, and price range.
2. We Make Recommendations: After carefully listening to their preferences, we recommend a destination (if they do not know where they want to go), and we prepare a list of recommended yachts with e-brochures, crew profiles, and sample itineraries.
3. Selecting a Yacht: This is the time where we are happy to have a conference call with you and your client. If you prefer to handle it yourself, then find out what they like and don’t like, what are their “must haves”, which yachts appealed to them and why, etc. Remember, every yacht looks good in cyberspace. You need our eyes and expertise to know what they look life in real life.
4. Optioning a Yacht: We place an option on the yacht, dates and ports of call. We then send you a Charter Agreement to forward to your client by e-mail, or we can send it via Docu-sign.
5. Making a deposit: You return the signed Charter Agreement and render a 50% deposit. If the charter is more than six months away, some yacht owners will agree to 25% now; 25% 6 months prior, and the final payment is due 45 days prior. Payment can be made by check or wire transfer.
6. Confirming the charter: We confirm your booking and begin to prepare every detail of your client’s yacht charter including their preferred food and beverages, ground transfers, itinerary planning, special onboard celebrations, etc.
You can trust that we will partner with you every step of the way to ensure the best vacation ever for your client.
Learn more about Charter Rates, Terms and Conditions
Monthly mailings on new yachts, specials and destination news
Ocean Getaways offers you breaking news on charter discounts, newly launched super yachts, family getaways, special events, enticing destinations and unique charter opportunities worldwide
Individual Travel Incentive Yacht Charters
One More Toy Yacht Charter Special
Starfish - USVI Catamaran Charter Special - Catamaran Yacht Charter
Sailing is Good for Your Mental Health?
Lady Joy Featured Yacht Charter
Virgin Islands Yacht Charter on Catamaran Zingara
Did You Know That Some Sunscreens Kill Coral Reefs?
Fiji Catamaran Charters - Diana
Last Minute Yacht Charter Availability for The Caribbean
10 Tips for Travel Agents - Selling Travel in COVID 19 Times
10 Destination Americans Can Escape to on a Yacht Charter RIGHT NOW
Ten Best Caribbean Scuba Diving Charters on Catamarans
Horizon Power Catamaran Charters - Virgins and Bahamas
2019 Cannes Film Festival Yacht Charters - Ocean Getaways Yacht Charters